Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What we did last summer - Ex Yugoslavia states: Croatia


Our very first time setting foot in Europe - I made a bold decision to start from the ex-Yogoslavia states. Forget those commericalized cities like Paris, Rome etc which lie in the West of Europe. I wanted something more, something different, something out of the norm.

It was approximately 10ish in the morning when I woke up to a pasture of green. At 10 thousand feet above the ground, our tiny plane was about to make its glorious landing in Zagreb - the capital of Croatia. The sight was peculiar. There was only a singular short runway in sight. Surrounding the runway was the never ending wilderness of vast greenery. Little tiny huts and an abundant of cattle - a far cry from the cosmopolitan city we grow up in.

We spent the next few days travelling along the coastline watching the sea from abreast. Trekking through the lush Plivtice lake (panting!!!!) in the 20ish degree weather, taking morning strolls along the Adriatic Sea, braving torrential rains in Zagreb, raiding every Konzum we could find, getting lost in Dubrovnik and yadda yadda the list goes on. Speaking of which, Dubrovnik got to be my favourite of all times.  found myself humming to the theme song of Game of Thrones (Aye, Dubronvik is actually King's Landing in the GOT) as I pranced through the dark alleys. In that instant, this old, bustling rustic town really set my heart ablaze. Ahh, summer time in Croatia. What a bundle of joy.